Monday, March 17, 2014

Hello Family,

Very sad to hear the news about Grandpa Sargent. I've actually been thinking about him a lot this past week, and now I know why. I am really going to miss him. Brought tears to my eyes to hear about his passing away. But I too know, hes in a better place, on the other side, reunited with his family. We will still be able to feel the presence of his spirit and love in our lives. He really was a great example to me. Even though I didn't get to know him well, when he was healthy, I was able to learn about him through all of the wonderful stories and  the spirit I could feel in his presence. He is an incredible man. I will miss him, and I will always love him.
 
 You guys are especially in my prayers during this hard time of family news. I wish i could be there, but I can´t. There is a reason I am called to serve at this time, and its my duty to fulfill it. I give you all my love and prayers and service. Not a better time to be serving the Lord and fulfilling His work full-time
 
This weeks update-
We always show pics of our families to new members or investigators we meet because they love them! They especially love my little albums of pics! (americano, estados unidos haha) But they always say how beautiful my family is! Which is true, so lucky to have such an awesome family, and for all of them to be active members in the church. What a blessing. The women here especailly comment on how I have such a beautiful mother! haha always. 
 
So Friday was the strangest day of my life I think. so many different strange things happened that day. But I wont get into that, and I dont have time haha. Another day maybe. So here is a short funny story. I get confused all the time with English and Portuguese now! So i had just finished personal study, which is in English, and we were about to start companionship study. We always start with a prayer, and it was my turn. I started out ``Dear Heavenly Father... I mean Querido Pai Celestial...`` haha this happens all the time!  I don't realize if I am  speaking English or portuguese. I get confused. 
 
 This work is great and so true. 
Sorry this email is not very long this week! (today is some city holiday here and all the stores including lan houses are closed! Thus, we are taking turns at a members house with slow internet) but hopefully a few pics will upload! (I have some many stories but no time to share! haha, Eventually) 
 

 

I love you all and thank you so much for your love and prayers. 
I pray for all of you especially at this time.
Have a good week.
Love,
Elder Jairus Sargent

No comments:

Post a Comment